Wednesday, March 07, 2007

Confessions of a Creature from the Black Violation of Society

In my dreams I saw a fit of violence.

We live in a society where violence is a gene but not a disease

It grasped me in its claws and thrust me into the act

A man lay before me

He had violated some tenet of my fundamental being

Or he'd just pissed me off somehow


I moved through a world that had been turned into jelly around me

Every living breathing moving immovable object had been turned into blurs of stone

Except me.

As I grasped his neck and waist I felt the clarity rush into me

As I lifted him off his feet I wondered aimlessly what I had done to see him on the floor like that

As I hurled him into a cupboard, body shuffling down the wall like a slinky,

I felt like I had just been introduced to colour

And I lived for a time.



Yesterday I spoke to a girl who told me she wanted to return to nature

So did I

As she lifted her eyes and rolled them in the air she told me how she wanted clothing to be an option, not a rule

So did I

A she looked at her feet and admired her reflection in her toenails she told me she loved all God's creatures as her brothers and sisters

So did I

As she shrillingly imitated a cheerleader doll she told me she lived to see the death of inequality, violence and oppression

So did I

As she stared blindly out at me from sunken sockets she told me she loved the innocence of youth and the feeling of freedom and rebellion

So did I

And yet...

We never could see eye to eye.


Starry hurricane rides into the star blinded city of dreams and smegma

Bloody violence with the rushing of the wolf's fetid breath in your nostrils and the fragmented throat of your prey in your teeth

Cold rational insanity in the face of the perverse violent ribaldness of normality

These are the answers to the black violation of society

From the shreds of this we shall create a new evil,

An evil, perhaps diabolical mirror to goodness, but never a perversion

We must craft an evil that is unlikely to return our society to normal

In regression lies hope, so that in going back, we may retrace our steps and pave ourselves a new path

Cauterize this wound against its festering explosion

No comments: