Tuesday, March 28, 2006

Soap Bubbles and Jagged edges

Strange spheres revolve through the depths of my visions
Of times gone past, and times to be
Many places I have gone to, many sights I have seen
But never enough
 
In the night, the spheres assail me with their visions,
Curled in bed, I see their lights shining prettily, and I touch them
Some of them sting, some of them soothe, some of them caress me softly
With dreams of bygone things and things to come
And things that may never be
 
Reality is a jagged edge of rusted metal,
Cutting, ripping, infecting pure spherical bliss
Hiding from it never helps, separating the spheres from the metal
Only shatters them
 
I fling them at the rusted knife, the concrete floor, the broken saw of reality
The only way I know to separate soap bubbles from solidity
And I will cry over the twisted shattered wreckage, picking through the pieces of my dreams
Something will survive,
won't it?
 
And I will treasure it, like a perfect marble, a universe to explore,
And hold it tight within my hands
And walk towards the rust

No comments: